Friday, March 25, 2011

Last Friday

Boo hoo. It was the last Friday morning practice today so I took some visitors with me. My Dad and His Wife (and my youngest sister) were here to visit my ailing grandma (she's actually okay-ish, now) so I invited them along since they missed the tournament due to Hannah being sick. His Wife loved it! She said she was impressed.

We started with "butterfly drills" where we skate up the center of the ice then fan out around the end, one goes left, one goes right-left-right, like a butterfly wing. While skating up center ice there is usually some kind of thing to do between the blue lines, lunges (yes! on skates) stretch our arms, twirl our sticks to get our wrists warmed up or hold the stick above our head and twist to get our sides limbered up. After that we worked on puck handling. It was a good session. I like how the coaches are remembering to tell us when we would use a drill in a game situation.

It was weird playing with them there, but it was good.

Last night my sister colored my hair. She did a good job and then this morning she and her mom added highlights. They did a great job. It is quite a bit darker and the highlights are subtle. I like it, and it was MUCH, MUCH less than going to the salon!

Oh yeah, and this:
"... when a lot of things start going wrong all at once, it is to protect something big and lovely that is trying to get itself born - and this something needs for you to be distracted so that it can be born as perfectly as possible."


Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies
 
I am nearly finished with that book. Love.

No comments: