Friday, March 18, 2011

Fallin' Down

For some unknown reason I spent a lot of time falling down last night. (Huh, that's how tired I am, that was just this morning .... ) Supposedly if you are falling down, you're working hard. I think I was just plumb tired out. I sure hope I'm not getting sick or something ...

I might have played a little too hard last week, and worked, and was a mom and a wife. Maybe. I was up (way) past my bed time on Sunday night and Monday night, I worked my regular shifts except Wednesday when I cut out of work early and took a nap (!) in the middle of the day. I even went to bed fairly early on Wednesday and Thursday nights too, even though I didn't have to work the next day. And I did not want to get out of bed for hockey this morning, but I did it anyway. I wanted to, I just didn't feel like it - ya know?

Practice was good. Coach T and Cal were there and we worked on stick-handling. Good drills through the cones, around the circles and then .... we worked on "under handling" the opposite of "over handling." I'll do my best to explain.

Over handling is the technique you see most skaters using. Stick in front, puck in front. Under handling is basically stick and puck behind you. It's a pretty slick move to get away from a defender or to pass on the fly to someone behind-ish you. It will be a really useful skill. Another thing to put on a list of things to practice during S & P. I wasn't so good at it, but it was my first time trying it. We practiced it in and out of the cones on or forehand and backhand which is of course much harder.

I am thinking maybe I will look into getting some in-line skates. Then the dog could run, and I will be able to keep my legs in hockey-shape. Wonder how long it will take to do the loop (13 miles) on in-line skates? I wonder how long it will take to get in shape to do that?

The one in orange is a girl and maybe ours, there is a second girl in pink but she must be under the pile somewhere.

No comments: