Sunday, December 09, 2007

Recap


They built gingerbread houses - note to self: next time, build the houses before the kids decorate them. They don't stay together very well.


We had dinner at the Mexican place. The owner loves our kids, so she came over and said hello.

The boys stayed up late (8:30) and then talked until late you know 9:30. Then they were up at 5:00 ready for the day (note to self: Best Buddy wakes up happy and early, just like Bubba, so get plenty of sleep the night before).

Bubba went to the classmates party Saturday (yet another note to self, this one I learned from someone else: NEVER HAVE A BOWLING PARTY FOR TWENTY 6 YEAR OLDS - they don't have the attention span to wait their turn). It was total chaos.

We started our Christmas shopping Saturday. We weren't very successful, found a few things. Then we dropped in on some friends who were sensitive to our need and provided margaritas! MMMMM, thank heavens for friends with well stocked bars! They also intrduced us to the wonderful David Sedaris. I had heard of him, but I hadnt heard him. Funny. We borrowed a CD to listen to later, we were all laughing hysterically at his story of being an elf during Christmas! Thanks guys.

Today, I had to an overtime shift. It was alright, not too busy but I had entertaining folks I was working with so the 6 hours went by pretty fast. And lastly, tonight we have My Honeys work Christmas party.

All in all a busy weekend when you look it at, no wonder I am tired.

No comments: