Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Count down


Only a week until Christmas. I still have shopping, wrapping and card-sending to do. Where did the time go? Oh I know - to work that's where. Bastards took 30 extra hours this past month. Oh well, it will all get done, it always does. I have the majority of this weekend off which is a good thing. Maybe I can duck out for a cross country ski on Saturday or Sunday? That would give me something to look forward to and a way to relax.

It snowed here today. It was nice. It warmed up though during the day so a lot of it melted away - bummer. It is cooling down though and appears we may get some more snow tonight. Bad thing is that the roads are bare and wet so it will freeze then new snow on top of that could mean really bad driving conditions but that will mean a really busy day at work tomorrow! yay

A funny thing happened the other day. Miss I was being naughty, I don't even remember what she had done now, but I was telling her how naughty she was and she PLUGGED HER EARS. She looked me right in the eye, said "Mama" and then plugged her ears without batting a lash. And continued to stare me down. I totally cracked up! I had to lower my head so she couldn't see me, get rid of my giggles and then look back up to finish our conversation and there she was with her ears STILL PLUGGED. I could not believe it. She is only 2. TWO! What happens when she is 12 or 14 or, heaven forbid 16??? Anyway, we ended our session with her taking a time out in her room for being disobedient and disrespectful. I am still reeling from it though. Plugged her ears. And stared me down. Little punk.

No comments: