Thursday, December 20, 2007

First round

My first round presents are wrapped. Shew.

I finally bought a tree last week. We went to this little stand at the south end of town (kinda like the bad side of the tracks) and dickered with the guy to get this scrawny Charlie Brown type tree. It was fun, and I love the tree. We brought it home, I used the "Christmas tree saw" to give it a fresh cut on the base and then we brought it in and decorated it. Just white lights and gold balls. There have been a few handmade ornaments added since then. I pulled out the star that my father in law made a few years back to put it on top but my son stopped me. "No Mom, we have to put a Santa hat on top." So we did. Our tree topper this year is a Santa hat. Don't ask, I don't get it either. But it gives the crooked tree more character so I left it.

My Dad, his wife and both kids came to town last weekend. It made for a few late nights (I had to work) but it was worth it. We all went to a family party for that side of the family. It is always good to see everyone. Its sad, sad, sad that we don't see them more often. I have two uncles and an aunt and a grandma that live in town, I talk to the uncles through work pretty frequently, but never see the others. I don't even know what they are interested in. And theres my two cousins that I don't even know. Sometimes I get down about it, but its just the way it is.

I was talking to a friend about Christmas stuff, seeing family and all that the other day and he said I was lucky to have family in town, his is all spread out. It got me thinking and trying to appreciate the fact that we get to go to 3 different Christmases. That we get to cart gifts all over town on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, that we are expected to be here there and everywhere toting the kids as we go. I am trying to appreciate it. I really am.

Tonight is another party. It will probably be my favorite of the season. We have a group of 6 (Les 6) that started to meet during happy hour over a year ago. Happy hour didnt last long enough so we started to meet for appetizers/dinner and drinks at someones house. We always have a great time. Tonight is our Christmas dinner. Last I heard we were having Tai food so it should be good.

No comments: