Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

Bubba watched some kind of quiz show on PBS today about carnivores. I caught a few questions during the show, and on the way across town today I tested his memory retention.... The kid is too smart.
"What is a carnivore?" (me)
"A Tyrannosaurus Rex is a carnivore." (Bubba)
"Why?"
"Because he eats other dinosaurs, but a Triceratops isn't."
"Why?"
"Because he was nice to other dinosaurs"
"How was he nice?"
"Because he didn't eat them."
There you have it! PBS. Educational and informative. (Except for all those Chuck-E-Cheese commercials.) P.S. his enunciation of each word was spot-on. The kid amazes me, especially when he corrects my grammar.



The kids are good. My next youngest (YS #1) sister visited this past weekend. We had a shower for our next, next younger sister (YS #2) who is getting married in Vegas next month (only 21 days until a kid-free vacation!!!) It went really well. All of a sudden about 10 days before the shower I realized that I didn't know the theme ... It was at my house, I thought I had better be preparing to decorate.

So I call YS #1 and ask what the theme might be. She tells me that it just came to her the other night, it was going to be a Vegas theme (DUH) Since that's where the wedding is, it was perfect. So we bought Vegas-type stuff, cards, dice, chips, and Elvis to decorate with and it was great (Sorry no pics. We totally sucked.) The games went fine, the food was dee-lish (how could you go wrong when its catered from the best "foo-foo" place in town) and the guests were delightful.

YS #2 seemed to have a good time. She looked bee-yoo-tee-ful by the way. Simply divine (and it was only the shower, I can only imagine the wedding.)

Big plans for Labor Day. I actually have 5 days off. It should be nice. Hanging with my Dad's family and visiting a high school (HS) chum that is back in the state after an extended stay in Illinois. What on earth did Illinois have that Washington didn't? A job in the ministry. But now Washington has one too. Sounds like their reception has been very positive. Hopefully My Honey and I will be able to seal away one day and maybe overnight.

Yes, again, I canned peaches! Do I need post EVERY time I accomplish this weekly goal?? Yes, sorry if it bores you to death, too bad, I need the encouragement, I need to be reminded that I rock. (Even if it is just me telling it to myself.) Not only that, but I cooked dinner both nights too! That's double rockin' for me! Next week I actually want to start canning pears. We shall see what the farmers market has for me on Saturday. Pears AND peaches... that may be setting myself up for failure. Better stick with one.

No comments: