Friday, August 25, 2006

Not what I thought

. . . The day before yesterday was horrible. So horrible I finally said to Bubba in the most motherly tone I have: "do not ask me another Why Question, I do not have any answers left. Do you understand?" I was just done. I hated myself for doing that, I really want my kid to learn and to be curious and not afraid to ask questions but I was done for that day. I really honestly could not answer another Why Question.

All day long I had been thinking of where I could go when My Honey got home, all I wanted to do was leave for awhile. So My Honey gets home and can tell I am frazzled. We talk for a few minutes and he finally says "Why don't I take Bubba to the pet store so you can have some peace and quiet?" I nearly throttled him. "What??!!! You leave and I stay home? Not a chance." was the thought I had, and he could tell. He patiently and lovingly told me that he thought it would help if he took Bubba and I could put Punkin Head down and just relax. Deep breath. I did see his point, it just wasn't what I had been thinking of and looking forward to all day. I agreed, and told him to bring home dinner. So they left, Punkin Head went to bed and I did relax.

An hour or so later they came home. And, get this, he remembered dinner! Not only that but he picked up a crab and a bottle of wine! What a good man. I ate the whole thing myself. Not as good as fresh out of the ocean, but it was fine.

Isn't that sweet? Sometimes he really pulls through, knows what I need even when I don't.

No comments: