Thursday, August 17, 2006

Adjustment

Well, I don't know if the 2 hour nap helped or not. Bubba certainly woke in a better mood but our afternoon wasn't perfect. Then My Honey and I got to go out together for a few hours so I really don't know. Today may tell the tale.

It all started with choices. I give Bubba choices when I can; "Do you want toast or bread with your eggs?" That kind of thing. We have gotten to the point lately where he changes his mind. Now this I have a low tolerance for. Make up your mind and stick with it.

So he gets home from Chelan and all of a sudden we are back to mind-changing. Nope. Gonna put a stop to that right away. But putting a stop to it is tear-riddled when he's so over tired. So I ponder if its worth it. And I decide yes it is. So I continue my quest to help him make the right choice the first time. At one point we actually sat down and I said to him, "you must have gotten to change you mind with Auntie, well we don't do that here, we make a choice and stick with it." to which he replies (are you ready for this?) "I like it better Auntie's way." I just about fell over laughing. My Bubba. Too smart for me that one. Too smart.

No comments: