Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sigh

Well, it happened. Bubba grew up.

It all started with an innocent day trip to the Moses Lake Aquatic Center last Saturday and culminated with weekend at Lake Chelan (my favorite place in Washington State.)

I don't know how he went from a day trip to a weekend away, but it happened. And it was hard. I didn't think letting him go away for the day with another family would be that bad, but it was. He was fine and so was I after awhile. And the kids had fun! He was invited by BB's family to go to the family aquatic center. This place is the best ever for little kids. It has a "zero-depth" pool, its like walking onto the beach, it just gradually gets deeper and deeper until its about 3 1/2 feet deep. There's two sets of small waterslides for tiny kids (or sissy kids) and another set for more experienced (braver) kids. PLUS giant waterslides for bigger kids and adults. It was the most surreal thing to pack him into someone else's car and watch him go away. Without me. Weird.

Then he was offered to go away for the weekend (with family). Even though he was with family it was still hard. He was almost an hour away, I had to work. What if something went wrong? But he was fine. Again it was weird to pack him and two days worth of overnight stuff into my sisters car and watch him go, but what can you do? Visit the next day. So I did. I took my niece with me we all had a blast. And Bubba didn't want to come home with us so he stayed again. Such a big boy. What's next? Riding a bike with no training wheels.

I love Lake Chelan. It is absolutely my favorite place in Washington. Maybe because it was so off limits when I was a kid, I dunno. But I love it up there. I just drive into town and feel myself relax. My sister's husband's family have a condo there so its comfortable, there's choice of a pool or the lake (it was a little windy yesterday so we opted for the pool) and I could take Punkin Head because there was a place for her to sleep. It was fabulous. I could spend weeks there. Unfortunately I only got to hang for a few hours, but it was worth it. You should see my tan!

I also enjoy the Aquatic Center. Its worth the 90 minute drive. Bubba, my niece another adult friend and 3 other kids went on Wednesday last week. What fun! I am not sure if I would go with 5 kids again, it was kind of unnerving to keep track of all them but it was a good time. Pictures to follow. My digital isn't waterproof, so we used disposable cameras and I will have to develop those pictures then I can post them.

No comments: