Wednesday, August 02, 2006

1983 or 1984 maybe

I wrote this once upon a time.

Mommies are always there
Mommies usually care
Mommies ask if you need help and don't favor one of the kids
Mommies don't force us to do or eat what we don't want to
Mommies understand if there is a problem and try to help
Mommies reason with us instead of yell at us
Mommies and kids try to understand each other
Mommies can't break the rules that are made but usually do!

There's a second verse, it starts with "If Mommies are always there, why weren't you?" and goes on in the same tone. I'm not going to publish that verse. But now that I am a Mommie I look at this and have to wonder, "would my kids write this about me?" Not at 4 1/2 years and 8 1/2 months old, but will they in 10 years? I pray not.

No comments: