Monday, October 08, 2012

Trying


I am trying to get a photo that really represents the hill the dog and I climb. This kind of does. But maybe telling you that my legs have not hurt after any hockey practice, nor have I been winded during practice will tell the story better? I hadn't realized what kind of shape I'm in until I started to play again.

We are climbing hills, people! Technically, we might be hiking ...  We are! According to The Oracle that is Wikipedia, hiking is defined as: "walking outdoors on a trail for recreational purposes." Good job us!

I blame that stupid RunKeeper app for motivating me. About four weeks ago I set a goal to walk 130 miles by December 6. It coincides with a fitness something-or-other at work. As of today I have walked 39 of those miles.


We get thirsty, too. Back in June, maybe, I bought a hydration pack. I feel sort of dumb wearing it as I leave the house, but I'm usually really glad to have it about mile three. Of. Climbing. Hills! And I have to say the one I bought is spectacular! Its cut for women, narrower in the shoulders, has lots of chest adjustment for small (me), medium and large breast-es-'s, and its a 70-ouncer so it holds plenty of water. Pockets on each side and a small pouch in the back. I wanted to be able to carry my phone and stash a jacket if I needed to, so its perfect so far. It's by Nathan, and I love it!

Hmmm, again, I thought of much  more stuff to write about while walking today, but its gone now. Later I will talk about my last two hockey practices, and maybe I will get into it about an online course I'm doing. Not sure. We shall see. But for sure I want to say I am loving the new P!nk album. I know, completely unrelated, but that's how I roll.

No comments: