Friday, January 13, 2012

A little practice, a little school

Great practice this morning. Lots of stick-handling. Tight turns, passing and example-setting.

Example-setting? Yeah. Apparently I have a lot of bad habits. It's not a bad thing, that means I have lots to work on, but I found myself being the last one to go before the coach would stop and say "don't do it like that" only not really, she wasn't that mean!! It doesn't bother me either, I can correct myself much better if I get the information right after I screw up, or AS I am screwing up!!!

Our drills focused on passing and receiving the puck on the go. Good stuff for the upcoming tournament. In two weeks. !!! I am really excited and maybe a little nervous, but really looking forward to getting out of town for a few days and getting to know some great women.

For the first time in a couple years I went to the school and volunteered. I have missed being in the classroom, but really didn't feel a connection with the teacher last year so it made it hard to want to go in. This year I decided it didn't matter if I felt a connection or not, I needed to be there. It took awhile, I have missed part of the school year, but I am there now. Luckily, Hannah's teacher and I get along great so helping in her class is going to be a real easy deal. It's going to be a couple more weeks before I get to help in Bubba's class, but that's okay.

It's in my plan to get a walk in today, (after the last couple loads of laundry, lunch, getting the car from the repair place, sweeping, moping, vacuuming ...) if so, I will post some pictures. Its a might-bit cold out, but I sure feel better when I get out!

No comments: