Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ho Hum

The dog has been getting sick in the back yard for the past two weeks (?) maybe longer. I made an appointment and took her to the vet today. The Doc was great, he checked her out tip to tail, cleaned out those yucky glands and took some blood. She did really good and came back with a *really* clean bill of health and great teeth for a 14 year old mutt. I guess it is the treats from her "grandparents" across the street.

I was a little worried because I had Miss I with me and I wasn't sure how the whole deal was going to work out. I was thinking worst case scenario, cancer or some kind of thing that was going to require me to make a decision about treatment or euthanizing her. (The dog, not Miss I) I knew what we would do, but how would I explain it to the kids? Thankfully we didn't have to deal with that. Someday we will, but I am glad it wasn't today.

It's my weekend, nothing much planned. Vet, grocery shopping, massage and pick up Bubba from school today, hopefully yoga tonight. Preschool, help in Bubba's class tomorrow morning and that's about it for tomorrow. My Honey has to work on Saturday for a few hours and then is going to golf if the weather holds - actually, if the weather improves, it was in the 60's and now we are back down to the 40's. And I have an overtime shift on Sunday.

Now, it's off to my massage! Ahhhh, it's much needed.

No comments: