Friday, March 19, 2010

Day off

It's my day off. Yeah, you read that right. My DAY off. (For which I am thankful, some of my co-workers are working both their days off.) I worked some overtime yesterday, and go in for my regularly scheduled stuff this weekend, and I get to go out of town for a training next week!

I am scheduled off on Wednesday since the training is on Thursday (my day off) so I'm leaving after my massage and driving all by myself to the northern part of the state for a one day class. I can't wait. 5 or 6 hours in the car, all by myself, me and my music. It's been awhile. THEN I get to stay in a hotel all by myself, eat out all alone (if I choose, there's a couple others from work going too..) and then drive home all alone Thursday, with me and my music. I am really looking forward to the alone time. I am going to take my camera and see what I see on the way, things are in bloom up there. It may turn out to be an 8 hour trip, who knows?

So what have I done today? Got up for a swim with my girl JP, got the kids off to school. Met up with my girl DW for a quick coffee, then off to the school to help in Bubba's class. His teacher had me piece a quilt today. I don't do quilts. It takes too much precision. My only saving grace is that the kids made the quilt blocks out of paper, so they weren't perfect either. Anyway, I did it even though I thought it would be horrible. It didn't turn out too bad. Then I finished up some other little stuff for her. I spend a LOT of time putting stuff through the laminater so I named it Sally. Me and Sally spent some more quality time together today. Me and the copier haven't gotten to know each other very well yet, maybe next year it will get a name too. Susie perhaps?

After I picked up Miss I we took My Honey out to lunch and then came home and did some yard work. Everything is budding and starting to grow so last year's deadness needed to be cut back. I think I did a right-fine job on the lilac bushes. I cut the peonies and roses WAY back, they seem to grow no matter what! And left the forsythia for My Honey. Speaking of the forsythia, I cut a few branches earlier in the week and brought them inside to force the blooms. Right now I have a couple vases with pretty yellow forsythia growing!

And speaking of yellow. My picture is almost done! The guy doing the framing called me yesterday to see which side was up. YAY! I've been itching to put it up, hopefully I will get it this weekend. I have just the place for it. When he looked at it he suggested white on white for the mat and a simple frame, black I think. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

In a few minutes its time to get Bubba from schoo then a snack, change for gym class and pack for grandmas. My Honey and I both work early tomorrow so she's keeping them overnight. Way to go grandma! After they're dropped off its out to an adult dinner with My Honey. Little Mexico, here we come! Chips, salsa and a margarita! mmmmm

1 comment:

The Loidhamer Family said...

Hope you had a good dinner and a relaxing evening