Sunday, January 17, 2010

Profound

Ahhhhhhh, a little fresh air.

Me and My Honey and Miss I took the dog on a walk. (I know, the dog??!!) It was nice to go out and get a little fresh air. These gray days are getting me down, its good to get out.

Miss I was cute, she kept blowing the fog out of the way. She was pretty sure it was working too until she turned around and looked behind us and there was still fog.

Winter weather has the greatest phenomenon of all time. Snow. I mean, really? Just the right conditions to produce these little individual flakes. And what makes it sparkly? We were at the Ridge last night for some music ("Red Means Go" pretty cute little band from Ellensburg) and it was snowing sparkly snow. It was very pretty.

And fog. I don't even know how to explain fog to my kids - "um, its like condensation, only not really, sort of like when you breathe on the window, but not exactly, its caused by moisture in the air, but ..." Yeah, I should have paid better attention in school. Not skipped so many classes.

Other than that, I haven't even gotten out of my jammies today. A lazy day is a good one. An 8 year old slave boy is good too! Now if I could only summon a cleaning lady, a cook and the money to make that lifestyle a reality! Maybe I just need to start looking for a bottle with a genie in it, give it a little rub and get my three wishes? Buy a lotto ticket? :) Learn to enjoy my life as it is ... oooh, that's profound.

Right now it is quiet: the kids are occupied with Nintendo DS, My Honey is downstairs killing things in some computer game and I get to sit here and write.

The fireplace has s rip-roaring fire in it, my feet are up as I sit in a rocking chair just chillin'. No TV, no music - other than the Nintendos going on and the kids occasionally break out into song. Random shit like "The Star Spangled Banner" and "Jingle Bells". The dog is snoring (yeah, snoring) just a few feet away. The bills are paid, the house is presentable if someone showed up (I am not presentable, but that's okay, I could throw on a hat and call it good) I have my health, as does my family.

I enjoy my job, and I was able to take tomorrow off since the kids are out of school, plus, I get to leave early on Wednesday afternoon.

I was able to go out with My Honey for fun last night, we get to go out again on Tuesday. I have two great kids. We are going through some growing pains right now with the kids, cracking down on a few things and it makes us all cranky, but it will be worth it in the end.

Pretty much I got nothin' to complain about. It's all good right now. All good.

No comments: