Thursday, May 21, 2009

We're back


Whew, what fun! Great food, good drinks and lots of s... sun!
Right next door to our hotel (the Hotel Valley Ho ... no kidding!) there was a great restaurant called Trader Vics, it was Hawaiian themed and the BEST food! I have forgotten what really good food tastes like. The hotel restaurant was great too.

On Monday I spent the morning by the pool, I couldn't help it, it was 90 degrees at 9am! But I was smart and put on sun screen. Kind of smart. I didn't get much color. I walked to a downtown area later and checked out some of the shops. It was nice to shop off season, not too many people there this time of year. One of the shopkeepers told me about a Botanical Garden nearby so I made a mental note to check it out the next day.

Tuesday after My Honey took off for his classes I took off for the Botanical Garden. WOW. I have never seen so many varieties of cacti! Amazing! And I lucked out because many were still blooming!


I saw a few kinds of lizards, a jack rabbit, many birds and butterflies. I spent a couple hours there taking pictures. There was an amazing Chihuly exhibit too.


Bright colored glass art interspersed throughout the desert! Talk about cool! All of a sudden you would be walking along and there would be this bright purple or orange or green thing or things in the middle of the desert. Very neat. It looked like they were lit at night too, but I didn't make it back to find out.

Later Tuesday I got my sun I wanted! I have a great start to my summer tan which was really my only goal for going to Arizona! And spending time with My Honey. We had a nice time. We got to take a walk in the mornings when it was cooler, sit by the pool drinking margaritas after his conference and eat delicious food someone else cooked and brought to us! Oh, and no kids for 3 days! What a treat. I will admit, it is nice to get home see the kids and get back to regular life ... sort of :)

No comments: