Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fear

One thing I forgot to mention, or maybe I just tried to put it out of my mind, or maybe I just worked through it so it didn't seem like as big of a deal, was the fear I had getting back out on the ice Sunday night.

Yeah. Fear.

The last time I played I crashed. Hard. I had actually forgotten about that until I couldn't put my game together. I got my skates all worked out and still felt like I was ... restrained? Holding back? Something. Anyway at some point I remembered crashing last time and it all kind of clicked, or at least reasoned out in my mind. Skating = crashing. Only it doesn't. So I had to talk myself out of the fear and into the game. And I did it. Once I got over that I was a lot more fearless? Yeah, maybe fearless. I acknowledged it and it wasn't nagging in the back of my mind anymore and it made all the difference in my game.

It was good.

No comments: