Saturday, November 10, 2007

Recap

Its early afternoon Saturday, but my weekend is over. I have to work tomorrow morning. So this is it. My sister came to town, we had a fun time re-arranging and de-junking Bubba's room, preparing dinner for my side of the family (her relatives too) and then getting Miss I's birthday stuff ready. She and her son took off an hour or so ago.

Dinner With the Family was fun. Mom, Auntie, LS1, LS2, brother-in-law, niece and nephew were all here, at my house for dinner. I loved it. It really helped that my Girl Friday came and cleaned on Thursday and that LS1 was here to help me. She did kid watch while I shopped for dinner fixins. We had BBQ chicken sandwiches. Nothing fancy, but it was good.

Miss I's 2nd birthday party was great. I did a brunch for family and some friends today. We had a Mexican fritatta, crepes (my specialty) canned pears & peaches for the crepes (with whipped cream of course) fresh fruit (bananas, grapes, oranges) and my Mother In Law's specialty; cardamom bread. It's always a hit and it's delicious. I have tried but I can't make it as good as she can. Its just a hint of sweet (could be the powdered sugar icing on the top) and yummy with the cardamom in a sweet bread. I also made cinnamon biscuits and we had bite-sized cupcakes for her cake. I highly recommend bite-sized cupcakes. No extra plates needed, lots of people will eat more than one, the are pretty cheap and cute! I bought white and chocolate, arranged them on a cake plate, put two candles in the ones in the center for Miss I to blow out and then served them around the room right off the cake plate. EZ!!!

Of course she got spoiled rotten with presents! De-junking her room is next. I am gonna put all the baby toys in a box for my newest niece. She will like some of these things in the next year.

She is so cute lately, she has figured out that she can control lots of parts of her body. Her hips, her tummy, her long little legs, neck, toes, its cute. Her dances are getting so funny.

We have been watching The Little Mermaid lately, there are a lot of musical things in it and she sings or dances along. We put in Shrek the other day and at some point in the movie there is music similar to that in Mermaid where Ariel is singing. So Miss I starts to sing. And I realize its what I call "princess music." Anyway, one of her gifts is "wrapped" in a bag with the Disney Princesses on it. Miss I sees it and starts to sing the "princess song" it was so cute. I didn't even know she would put something together like that. Another smarty.

Oh yeah, and speaking of smarty ... We went to Bubba's first school conference the other night. With the exception of penmanship he's doing really well. I was pretty happy with is grades.

No comments: