Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Day After


THIS was one of my birthday presents. Grandma helped the kids make a cake! How sweet is it? Bubba did all the writing in frosting on the top - and no, there weren't enough candles. In fact it is still sitting the same way on the counter today. We never ate any last night. Why you ask? How could I resist chocolate cake on my Birthday? Well, lets just say when you and the kids try to go to bed at 6:30 or 7pm, chocolate cake at 4:30 sounds like a REALLY bad idea.

I am thinking of using the photo from yesterday for our Christmas card this year. Not sure what to say with it though .... Maybe "Namaste" I learned that phrase in Yoga, my instructor explained it as "the light/spirit in me sees the light/spirit in you." Yeah, maybe that.

On my way to Oregon I passed the "Namaste Winery" and just about had to pull over because the name made me cry. I was sad for her girls, going through another holiday season without their mother, sad for the timing, it had to be near the one year anniversary of her death, just sad.

Last week I heard about a young couple who will soon be separated by death. The woman has cancer, she has 2 weeks to 2 months to live. I CANNOT IMAGINE. This couple has dealt with one type of sickness or another for at least the past 7 years, nearly their whole marriage. They are a beautiful example of standing by each other, seeing it through to the end. I know a few men (and women) who might have given up along the way. I am keeping them in my prayers. They may have a rough road ahead. They planned a trip to Hawaii and are there now. A ton of folks in the law enforcement community came together and raised several thousand dollars in a matter of days to present to them before the left. It was very touching.

Well, this turned into a downer post. Sorry. Guess I needed to talk some stuff out.

No comments: