Thursday, April 04, 2013

Spring Break


This past week the kids have been on Spring Break. They got two extra days off due to conferences. I'm actually glad it worked out that way since the extra days were my days off from work too. My sister-in-law from Portland and her family were in town so I got to spend more time with them than usual, including a little girls-night-sleep-over with the cousins at my house that inclcuded pizza, dressing up, makeup, fingernail polish and sleeping on the floor. Total chaos! But a really fun time for everyone.
 


 During Spring Break-proper, I had to work so I signed Hannah up for a Y program she still enjoys and Bubba did a row and paddle camp. If I were a 4th-8th grader I would have LOVED the row camp, in fact, they should do an adult version! The kids met at the park Monday through Thursday from 9-noon, learned about rowing canoes, kayaks and paddle boards and on the final day they canoed down the Columbia from Confluence park to the boat launch a few miles away. What a totally great time! Bubba had a blast. They also learned CPR and got to explore the conservation areas at the park. Two thumbs up! The Y program is still just right for Hannah, group games, swimming and some arts and crafts. They have both been wore out all week.




Tomorrow we leave for Everett for my final hockey tournament. It's the only out of towner I was able to do this year, the other one I signed up for didn't get enough participants. I took on the responsibility of booking hotels, I sure hope I did it right .... Every email I've sent out since then has had an error in it about something or other so I am hoping everything works out. We have a totally cushy schedule, first game Friday night at 7:30, Saturday games at 12:30 and 6:30. IF we make a championship game it would be at noonish on Sunday so we don't get home too late either! The kids are looking forward to a hotel "WITH A POOL!!" and Cabela's.

No comments: