Monday, April 08, 2013

Games two through FOUR

Okay, so the rest of our games deserve some air time. We won our division championship. It is true we had a not-so-novice group, but it made it fun. And I learned a lot and.. We won!

Mostly I want to say playing with those upper division ladies could be really discouraging, but they make it a lot of fun and a really good learning experience. They're all in it to help us become better players. They could take a cranky "I can do it better and faster without you" tone but they don't and that's one of the things I love about our hockey league.

They also took into consideration the skill of the other team and tried to switch it up so they were playing unfamiliar positions making us a little more novice.

I had the chance to play wing and defense, I declined center. And I was in the right place at the right time to poke one in for a point during the championship game!

All in all a super great weekend. The kids even had fun staying "in a HOTEL! With a POOL!!" And they got to see their grands and an auntie which is always a good time.

No comments: