Sunday, March 25, 2012

Word of the year

"Fear disconnects us from compassion and clouds clear thought."

Yes. Thank you, Kristin.

Years ago I followed Kristin's blog, and now she's back with the same thought provoking, intellectual posts she used to have. That line from her post from the other day really resonates with me right now.

The word "compassion" is my word-of-the-year and I have noticed that giving into it a bit has resulted in a different kind of assertiveness. While I certainly don't feel "fearless", maybe I am acting more out of compassion and the fear of saying/doing/being the wrong thing just slips away ...  I just hadn't thought about the two being connected, but maybe they are. I'm still sitting with all that, I'm sure I will have more to say later.


No walk Saturday, so no pictures to post. I'm trying to talk myself into a walk today (it's already 11:00) and I'm just not finding the motivation. But I know if I get out there and do it I will be so much happier and feel better and all that .... yeah. It's not working.

No comments: