Saturday, October 09, 2010

Going, going, gone

Well ....

I am on my way to the Oregon coast via Portland. I had intentions of stopping to photograph how beautiful the gorge is on the way down, but I didn't. Yeah, I know, I sound like a broken record when it comes to that don't I?

I did stop in my favorite little town, Hood River, and found a great winery called the "Naked winery." Funny little place! I will tell more about that later, I left my purchases, which have all the fun details I want to copy down, in the car which is DEAD.

Yeah. The car is dead. I found my way to my sister in law's house, we had supper, found my hotel and then went to check out a wine bar a couple miles away. We finished and went to my car and ... nothing. No lights, no "click, click, click" no nothing. LUCKILY she and my brother in law were still with me so I was safe and all. But still. Dead car. I figured it was the battery, it has never been replaced, and the Jeep is going on 8 years old. We tried to jump it, but as soon as I took my foot off the gas pedal it died again. So this morning I will call someone, Les Schwab probably, and get it taken care of.

Buh-mer! Stuck here with no wheels for now. Oh well. It's raining anyway.

I am hoping to meet up and go on this photo walk tomorrow. Sounds fun, yeah? I might just need me an umbrella though. What? I don't own an umbrella? Nope I live in the desert! I don't think I own waterproof shoes either ...

1 comment:

The Loidhamer Family said...

Bummer! Dead car = no good! Glad you had someone there to keep you from being stranded!