Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cottagae


THAT was exactly what I needed.

The Cottage was great, the area was nice and the weather ... WOW. We had two spectacular days including this one at Ebey Landing. It was only 65 degrees there, but it was warm enough to make the sand steam and the birds want to get out and play. We had great low tide everywhere we went. *sigh* I totally enjoyed Whidbey Island. We checked it out from bow to stern, port to starboard. It was great.
We were within walking distance to Greenbank Farms so I took the walk with camera in hand. It was a great day for getting pictures of things. Plants, animals and a few birds. I swear they were teasing me, the birds. I don't know what they were, black things with red on their wings, at the "shoulder" not the tip and I just HAD to have a picture. So I waited and I waited and I think I did alright. There were those birds, deer, rabbits, seagulls, loons or cranes, I don't know which, and we saw whales! And could hear them blow their spout. "pshshshshtt" It was so very cool. Other animals included geese and a flock of goslings, they were too cute, swans, pigeons, you know. And of course on the beach the clams, mussels, crabs, stuff like that. It was great. More later, I want to post a few (dozen) pictures, because I only took 200. Yeah, I might have gone a little overboard.
We got home and it is, well the high today was at least 90. I can't even believe it. I love it. Summer is by far my favorite season. The hot weather, sunshine, unlimited opportunities. Bring it on! Now if I only had a babysitter this summer... Anyone?

No comments: