Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Vegas Baby

What a great trip! 5 days, no kids, nothing to do but nothing!

We really needed the time away. It was so nice.

We got there Wednesday, had a Bachelorette gathering for my sister (little sister #2) that night. Rented a Hummer limo for the 10-12 of us, cruised town. The driver took us to Freemont for the (not so) amazing light show. Her future in-laws kept her out until 4 am.

Thursday (day of the wedding) was busy, she had a nail appointment at 11, hair at 2. Needless to say she was trashed! ... The hair was a special event. She was having her hair and makeup done for the wedding. She also made an appointment for her daughter who is 5 to have her hair put up. It was so sweet! She (the 5 year old) sat like a princess while getting her hair done and then was angelic until it was time for the wedding.

The wedding was perfect. The weather held, not too windy, not too hot, just right for an outdoor wedding and the reception was great.

Friday My Honey and I wandered around town. Nothing too exciting. Checked out the mile-long mall thing. Those are some nice stores. Nothing like I have here in my little town! I was afraid to go into some of them because I am such white trash compared to their clients.

That night we went to the Rio for the Penn and Teller show. This was my drunk night and they were funny, funny, funny! (Or so I thought). I like the Rio, wouldn't stay there, its too far out of the way, but the Mardi Gras atmosphere is so fun!

Saturday we had tickets to see La Reve at the Wynn. What an amazing hotel! NICE. It is one of the newer hotels and it is classy. I really liked it. Not a place I could afford to stay, but it was a nice visit. We treated ourselves to a REALLY NICE dinner at the SW in the Wynn. Unfortunately we weren't dressed well enough to show us off on the patio, so we were seated in what I have affectionately come to call the "White Trash" section. It was (literally) in a back corner of the restaurant. But the view of the "pretty people" was great. The service (even in the "White Trash" section) was fabulous! I will have to remember to write about it. It's worthy of its own post! The show was, well ... interesting. It was like a Cirque du Soleil-type show. Doesn't really tell a story, just shows off amazing bodies and talents. The staging was fascinating!
Its a theater in the round, the stage was round and surrounded by water. Again, this show is worthy of its own post, because it will take too many words to describe it.

Sunday was check out day, but we didn't fly out until 7 pm. If I had to do it again, I would buy a pool pass or plan a spa day instead of wandering around the hotel. Big waste of money. I could have been REALLY pampered for what I lost at that stinking place. Oh well, it was a good time. Really good time. We won't wait 6 years to take an extended vacation by ourselves again.

My Dad and His Wife tell me that the kids were great, and I am choosing to believe that. (Its not easy!) They visited a wildlife refuge, kids discovery-type museum, went on nature walks and fed the horses every day. Fun stuff.

No comments: