Friday, October 06, 2006

School Daze

I picked up Bubba from pre-school the other day and he comes running over with a girl. He says to me "This is my friend and I am going to marry her." Okay then, I think, lets explore this.
"You are? What's your friends name?" I ask
He looks at me, pauses, looks at her and says "what's your name?"
She answers and he says "Her name is _____, and I am going to marry her." Alright then, it's settled. It was so cute! I could hardly not laugh out loud! Kids.

On the way home I asked how school was. He told me fine, and then "I kissed _____." Hmmm, it must be love (ha ha ha) so we talked about how its not alright to kiss at school. But it took me back a few years. Like 30. I remember kissing boys at school. But not in pre-school.

We are having trouble getting into the swing of afternoon school. Luckily Punkin Head has started to nap between 9 and 11, so Bubba and I can concentrate (some days harder than others) on getting ourselves ready. I think that's what the challenge is, we BOTH have to get ready. I cant just get him ready and we're off, I have to be ready for work too. We're getting used to it, but its been quite a transition.

No comments: