Monday, October 30, 2006

Quiet Time

I love it when Bubba is off to preschool, Punkin Head is down for a nap and I have an hour to do nothing. It is so rare. So this is one of those hours and here I am. Not a bad place to be.

Yeah, I was pretty whiny yesterday. Since I don’t work for the next 3 days, work doesn’t seem so bad. But I go back for 7 days straight and I might turn into the whiny-one again.

Tomorrow is Halloween. Bubba has wanted to be a fireman ~ until two days ago. Then he decided he wanted to be a tyrannosaurs rex. I had to (gently) remind him that we were working on a fire-truck thing for the stroller and Punkin Head was going to be a Dalmatian (thank you to the creativity of my work-gals!!) So he remembered and we are back on track. Whew!

The stroller thing is just some cardboard painted red, with some fire-truck stuff on it. Well, it will be when we get it finished. That should happen today. Hopefully I can make it look mostly like a fire truck. We shall see! I considered trying to dress like a ladder or something. Someone else at work suggested a hose – “yeah, you could go as a hoser” she told me. I can be stuck in the 80’s I actually laughed at that. The term actually brings back a lot of memories. Memories of movies, people and events. Thank you 80’s. Where would I be without you?

No comments: