Friday, October 21, 2011

Greatness

Sunday's scrimmage was great. I was so not the worst player. I have so improved since last year. This was the first time we have played with the newbies and they were pretty fun to watch and help. Yeah, I helped! It was also fun to watch and see how far I've come. I've come a long way! I couldn't tell you if we won or lost, but we had fun doing it. I even played defense which was a kick in the pants. I'm not sure what the job is exactly, but my partner in crime was a lot of fun. Even when her daughter scored one one her!

Today's practice was great. We worked out the kinks on our backwards skating. Do you have any idea how sore your calves and ankles get skating backwards? VERY. Coach Cal tells me I've improved which was nice to hear. We were all screaming after 20 minutes of it! Then we worked on some tight turns and then we played a game. The gist of the game was to try and complete a pass to a team mate between two cones -or- to try and keep them from completing the pass. It was fast! I suppose we were supposed to be practicing our tight turns and looking up and passing, which we were without even trying. Good session today.

Later, in the locker room, one of the intermediate players said I've improved. (!!) Yay me! I was excited to hear that from one of the better players.

It's been a pretty good week, I got some house stuff taken care of, finally got laundry caught up (that'll last about a day) and I finished a really good book on leadership. "EntreLeadership" by Dave Ramsey. I'm going through it a second time it was that good to me. Just basic stuff really. Treat others the way you want to be treated, if you're a business owner work hard to run a cash-based business and work compensation for a job well done into your business plan. Not that I have any plans to run a business or even to be a supervisor, but we all lead in different ways, right? Who knows, maybe there is someone I work with who looks up to me (ha!) and what kind of an example do I set? Not to mention, being a parent. Talk about the ultimate leadership. So it applies to everyone -- if they want it to.

No comments: