Saturday, September 10, 2011

Family

This picture is me, my sisters LK, and Dani and our dad. -- The other two girls were in heels. Sometimes I just feel tall. And slouchy. And tan.

There was a memorial service today for my grandma. There's more to tell, but that's what I'm not quite in the mood to talk about yet -- my last grandma dying. It's brought up a lot of stuff, if you know what I mean. It wasn't quite as emotional as when my first grandma passed away, they were definitely different kinds of women, but it has still brought up stuff. The event was nice, it wasn't really a memorial service, just a celebration of her life. No pressure to talk in front of a group, no pastor or preacher or man/woman of the cloth, just her good friends of 5-50 years at the golf course where she spent every day. Perfect.

1 comment:

LSL said...

Lovely picture of your family. Sending lots of good thoughts your way. xo