Saturday, September 03, 2011

Crazy

I have this crazy idea to run a half marathon. In December. In Las Vegas. So I have set about training and eating better. I am trying to work out the beer, but it's a hard sell.

I got up early on Thursday and Friday and had nice runs in the morning at the park, today I ran after a 12 hour shift at 3 pm. Talk about a difference. I might or might not have tried to fuel up by eating a Snickers too. (Not my best moment, but at least it wasn't a 6-pack!) I am going to take tomorrow as a rest day and resume after work on Monday. I must say right now I really like the morning run best, afternoons are still a bit warmish (about 85* today, which I LOVE, unless I am ). Fall is coming though. Soon. Too soon.

School started last week so we are getting into the swing of things. Hannah is in kindergarten and Bubba is a big 4th grader this year. So far, so good. Everyone is a little tired this weekend, but I hope a few good nights rest will get us all back into it.

I took the kids out for our last camping trip the weekend before school started. We had a nice time, mostly just the three of us. My Honey stayed one night, he had to work. This trip was not without adventure either. We saw a snake. It was just a little garter snake, but still! In 40 years of living here, I can only think of ONE other time I actually saw a snake. It was just sunning itself on the bike trail one afternoon. Scared the crap out of me! So did this one, just sitting on the riverbank, staring into my eye. Actually, it definitely scared Bubba more, I was more concerned with making sure he and Hannah were okay so I hardly flinched. But still, it was looking me in the eye!

Okay so I am up-to-date? Not really. There is a lot more to tell. A TON of things have happened. I'm still sorting through some of them. Everyone is okay, I'm just chewing on some stuff. Like friendship. I watched some old women love on each other recently (old, as in 80's) and realized that I tend to fall into a "fair-weather-friend" kind of category. (Those of you that know me probably already know this, thanks for being patient with me) so I am chewing on that. Working it out. Figuring out where the balance is. I just know my tendency could be to get over-involved. Or maybe I think I do. So, later, when I have more time to think it through, I will try to remember to tell the whole story. It actually has a sad ending. I'm just not in the mood to go there right now.

No comments: