Friday, November 19, 2010

The first week

No, I'm not going to do weekly updates on being 40, it's all I could think of to call this post.

My birthday was great! We planned an evening thing at a coffee shop to hear Camille Bloom and ended up planning a dinner thing too. I had a blast at both! Dinner turned out to be a large crowd (18 of my friends and family!) and we ended up with a dozen at the concert. Yeah, I felt pretty special. The dinner special just happened to be a pound of prime rib which is one of my favorites. So I ordered it and ate up! MMMMM! The crowd at dinner was diverse; my mom, auntie, My Honey's parents and one of his sisters, a high school friend (thanks FB), my sisters, and some friends we have made through My Honey's work. My work girls, sisters and My Honey were at the concert. It was a great night.

LK stayed the whole weekend even though I was working, and we ended up getting to go out to dinner on Saturday night with her and Shelle. MMMMM, another good meal at Chateau Faire la Ponte. I had a blackened rack of lamb and it was very good. The best part was their french onion soup. MMMM! We ended our evening at Hastings (the only bookstore in town) we were looking for some kind of inspirational-type books for 2011. Can you believe its nearly 2011?? EEK! Anyway we ended up in a pretty animated discussion and I wondered what others around us might have thought of the way we were "harshing on each other" (good phrase, LK). We were good with it tho.

Yesterday was Miss I's FIFTH BIRTHDAY. Holy moly. Five. I'm not sure what to say to that. She is every bit of five. Stubborn, but lovable, feisty but sweet. Independent but helpless. I took ice cream and sprinkles to her preschool today for a birthday treat (because I am too lazy to get or make a cake) served in special dishes (I did make a trip to Goodwill for those) and she was the most helpful little thing, getting the dishes of ice cream and setting them down for everyone, it was very sweet. I was very impressed with her helpfulness and cheerfulness and willingness. Some times she is a doll. Other times ....

Pictures to follow. I am still getting used to this new laptop!

No comments: