Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ouch

You know how you get a paper cut under your fingernail?

*cringe*

I KNOW!!!

And then you SMACK the tip of your finger on a hard metal surface and bust it open, bruise it just enough to bring tears to your eyes and swear words right out your mouth? "SONOFA..." yeah.

Hurts like a mother trucker doesn't it? I've been nursing just such a wound all week. To add insult to injury, its my pointer finger. On my right hand. It's NEVER going to heal.

Its been a tremendously long week. Many late nights, many early mornings, and a ton of overtime. Today is my only day off until Sunday. I'm not sure how I ended up with so much overtime, but I did. I don't mind, really, we all need to pitch in and help, but it just turned out to be one of those weeks on top of the overtime. How much overtime you ask? 8 hours on my day off yesterday - which tagged onto my "long" work week - 2 hours planned on Friday morning (1:00 am I go to work, am I crazy?) and I work a 6 hour shift on my day off this Saturday. Really, 16 hours isn't that much, but it is for me.

Alright, enough of that.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I have plenty to be thankful for:
My Honey, Bubba, and Miss I.
Understanding, forgiveness, love and acceptance.
Moms & dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles.
Safety, warmth, shelter, food and more of everything than I need.
Good friends, the kinds that meet me where I am, the kinds that are there when I need them.
Being blessed with different kinds of friends for different kinds of seasons in my life.
Basic freedoms, basic rights.

A happy Thanksgiving to you all.

No comments: