Friday, August 07, 2009

Beer & Crab

My girl DW went to the coast last weekend. They did all kinds of fun stuff including crabbing... I begged and pleaded, I might have even cried or bribed her a little ("if you bring me some crab, you can go swimming at my house") and she was kind enough to share with me and my family, so last night we had crab and beer for dinner. Well, I did and it was DELICIOUS!

My Honey is gone golfing for the weekend. I am really happy for him, it's been a long time since he's gotten away for a few nights. He needs it. He deserves it. He's been working hard at work and at home with me on night shift. He da man for everything; early risers, breakfast, after working all day, he picks them up and takes them home and gets them dinner and puts them to bed! He's putting in some LONG days.

Since he is gone, I am flying solo to a wedding tomorrow... I KNOW! It's one of my co-workers and since not everyone was invited I better go see what it's all about. I am thinking of going early - weather dependant - to take a few minutes to photograph a little. Its at a golf resort, and you know how the stuff is there ... picture perfect!

It's been a rough day. I don't know why, maybe because I wasn't feeling 100%, maybe because ... well, I don't know. The kids drove me crazy and nothing went quite right so my youngest sister and I rented some dumb movies for tonight. I know I can't make it happen, but when I was at her house last weekend the best part of all was sitting, drinking beer, watching two of the dumbest movies I had seen in a LONG time. (Yes, I was a little dumber after watching them.) That's what I am in the mood for, just sitting and veging, so that's what we are going to do.

Which reminds me:
"Things I would like to do in Issaquah:"
Check out Ikea for a dining table & chairs DECIDED NOT TO AFTER LOOKING ON LINE
Chill - CHECK
Read - CHECK
Clean up my laptop - organize my photos - CHECK
Sleep 10 hours or so - KIND OF, I GOT A NICE NAP IN
Write a little - CHECK
Read a little more - CHECK
Hang with Dani and Doni - 50% DONI WASN'T AROUND, WAIT HE WAS THERE THE NEXT MORNING SO, CHECK!

Not bad for a 24-hour trip. Did I mention that I took the Jeep. That the top was off and I got beat to hell by the 100 degree sun and the wind and the road?! Holy cow! The most unnerving part of the trip was I-90. I did NOT like cars on both sides of me! I didn't realize how CLOSE they actually were!

No comments: