Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh my!

What a morning! On my walk with the dog earlier I came across an injured cat. I can't say I have ever run into this situation before and I was kind of dumb-struck about what to do. Try to take it with me? Call Humane to pick it up? Come back for it? I dialed Humane, then changed my mind because I couldn't really describe where it was and it looked like a rock on the side of the road, unless you knew what you were looking for it would be easy to miss. It seemed a little risky to pick it up so I opted for getting home, grabbing the car and going back out to get it. And then calling Humane to pick it up.

Poor thing, I think it had been hit by a car, I don't think it will make it, but it will be taken care of better by them than leaving it there.

At the same time as I was getting home, my girl DW was dropping off her kiddles to spend a few hours here. Mind you, I have already documented adventures with these kids here, but I am a brave soul, and our kids all play well together, so.... Well, since they have arrived we have gone through five band aids! Nothing major  - well, except a puncture wound to the foot, but it will heal. Never a dull moment! Currently three out of five of them are watching a movie. In a few minutes I am going to brave taking them to Hannah's swim lesson. I know!

(Maybe it's our punishment for ordering one of her kids an ice cream sundae at dinner last night? It was his birthday!)

1 comment:

The Loidhamer Family said...

Hope everybody's up to date on their Tetanus!