Saturday, April 10, 2010

Soccer

Well, we are full-on into soccer. Practice, games, pictures. We gave up Karate this year. I am relieved. It puts a lot less pressure on me to get kids where they need to go and dinner and homework and all that. We may start back up toward the end of May, we will see how it goes.

Bubba's first game was Saturday. U-8 is a whole new world. In the U-6 and U-7 leagues they don't have a "keeper" or goalie, the kids all protect the goal when the time comes, but in U-8 they have a keeper. Bubba had a chance to play keeper at the end of the game and he blocked a goal! He was so proud because he used a move he learned at soccer camp during spring break!

After the game we went to get a warm drink (9am is still cold around these parts) and then window-shopped downtown for awhile. My Honey was sick-ish and Miss I had been home from school on Friday with a sore throat so they stayed home.

Later in the day we had team photos and I took the kids to an event called "Touch a Truck." It was put on by a local non-profit, The Toybrary, where you can check out toys for a couple weeks (like the library). Anyway, they had big trucks for the kids to see and touch and climb into. They also had a helicopter from MedStar and a fire truck with a hose running so the kids could "spray" the hose, a few motorcycles (Miss I's favorite), tractors and some race cars. It was pretty cool. I kind of drug my feet getting us there, but I am glad we went. It was neat.

I was pretty restless Sunday tho, so the kids went to grandmas for awhile and I took a walk. Turned out to be twice as long as I anticipated, but it was really nice to get out.

No comments: