Sunday, July 19, 2009

999

Niner, niner, niner. That was my race number.

I did a triathlon today. I am not sure, exactly, how I feel about it. It's almost... almost a let down. I finished and thought "that's it?" Maybe its because none of "my people" were at the finish line, maybe its because it wasn't as hard as I thought, I don't know, but I keep thinking "that's it?" Oddly, I want to do it again next year.

It was a 400 yard swim, 13 mile bike ride and a 5k run in beautiful Lake Chelan. We couldn't have had a better venue, although it was pretty choppy in the water, the rest of the event went well and I finished in 1:45 and some seconds. (That's an hour and forty-five minutes of continuous activity.) I didn't push myself (AT ALL) and feel pretty good about finishing and doing it in under 2 hours. I hoped to do it in under 1:30, but that's a goal for another year.

There is a lot more to say about the race, drinking at least 1800 gallons of water in the swim, cruising up the hills on the ride and walking (too much) during the run but all in all, quite an event.

1 comment:

The Loidhamer Family said...

Congratulations again! You're a stud!