Friday, January 09, 2015

Friday is...

Hockey day! Boy was it great to get back out on the ice :) I have missed hockey and the tribe of women I play with. It was nice to go back, feel missed, be noticed and welcomed by them.

I'm not feeling the Sonora prompts. Maybe I just have too much else going on to sit and think about her questions, maybe I feel like I need answers to all of them instead of just one, maybe its just not what I need right now. 

My Daily Rock tells me to commit or move on today. Maybe I will decide to quit Sonora for now. And it feels good. Put a smile on my face. I LOVE this part of the quote "The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision." End of story. No "it was meant to be", no "it is what it is". Everything just falls into place.

So, my first night shift week: it went pretty good. I didn't sleep well every day, but I did sleep well some days. I am committed to listening to my tiredness and answering it with naps, which I did after hockey today. A couple hours in my bed did me wonders! I left two hours early on Wednesday night, because we were overstaffed, but I think I just need to stick it out, it messed up my sleep. The kids, especially Hannah, have been having a time with it. Hopefully she will reach acceptance soon. Hmmm, there's a thought; I've come to realize that there is grief in almost every change because there is some kind of loss, I need to remember to be more little gentle with her, she might be grieving, a little bit, the loss of her Mama.

So the Sonora prompts:
Write about a time when you took a leap into the unknown…
The sea that I’d like to cross is…
If I were to leave solid ground and cross the sea, then…
Interesting how both the Rock and her prompts deal with making a decision.

No comments: