Thursday, February 14, 2008

So much rosier

Well, today went much better...

Miss I has an ear infection and possibly pneumonia. Thank goodness I was able to get her into the doctor's office yesterday. Who knows how bad she would have been last night or today. So she is on a heavy duty does of antibiotics which I hope work. If her cough is worse after the weekend then we will have to go in for chest x-rays which are no fun for a 2 year old. They have to put them in an upright tube-sort-of-thing to hold them still to do chest x-rays. I don't remember why now, but we had some done when she was little, like 6 or 9 months old. I think it was for some kind of funny heart sound. It was torture for me.

Work was alright. The hate mail had actually been sent to the wrong person - go figure, but the admin is still the same. Today we received a singing telegram. So picture this: 6 of us on duty, an in-progress burglary call going on and in walk 4 men dressed in tuxedos to sing to us. Thanks but no thanks. Not when I have officers out with bad guys. It pissed me off. One of the other dispatchers tried to come over and make a joke about it, but I was so mad I swore at him and told him he better leave my space right away before I punch him. I was so mad. My trainee called it the most surreal experience he has ever had at any job. I am pretty sure he's hooked on dispatch.

After work, I went next door to My Honey's work to pick up the kid-car keys (I forgot mine this mornning) and heard him say he had flowers for me. I thought he was pulling my leg (and everyone listening) because I hadn't asked for them, nor had I seen them yesterday or this morning when I left for work and I couldn't imagine when he picked them up. Well, lo and behold, sometime he went and got flowers, roses actually, and had them waiting for me when I got home. What a guy. (I would post a picture now, but I had a techincal problem... the kids got in the way. Later)

No comments: