Sunday, June 25, 2006

Camping 1

Well, we visited our family that was camping ... The Campground was just under an hour away, if you would call it that, it had a sign at the entrance "NO TENTS". Yep, thats right, no tents at a campground. It's a RV campground. It was nice tho, a lot of grass, a rushing river nearby and a large playfield. We enjoyed our visit, I enjoyed the Corona and margartia. And the family enjoyed the kids so it was worth it.

But, it reminded me that I am old. We might have been gone for a total of 5 hours or so (including drive time) and I crashed when we got home, we all did as a matter of fact. I remember the days of getting much less sleep, staying out in the heat for many more hours, and never taking a nap. Those days seem to be gone. Oh well.

My mom is going tent camping at a campground next weekend and would like Bubba to come. The park is nearby but we just aren't sure of the logistics. I work until 11 pm, if he had to come home who would go get him? What about Punkin Head? Would she be able to handle both the grandkids? We shall see. I think it would be fun for him to try, especially since its close to home and he could come home if there was a huge issue.

No comments: